Use this POST request to send the user's identifiers (for example, images of document - front/back, selfie image, liveness video) for validation.
This API supports uploads for the following merits:
Image files (such as document photos and selfies) must have at minimum resolution of 600x600 pixels with a maximum file size of 50MB. The following is a list of supported image file formats:
Video files (such as liveness tests) can have a maximum file size of 50MB. The following is a list of supported video formats:
- QuickTime (
- 3GP (
- X-Matroska (
One-Sided Document Handling
The API can handle both one- and two-sided documents.
- If a user only sends the front of a one-sided document, MetaMap will immediately start the verification process
- If a user only sends the front of a document that may have one or two sides, MetaMap will wait 10 minutes for the image of the document back before starting the verification process with only the front.
- You can use the Skip Verification Upload Wait Time API for documents that may have one or two sides to skip the 10 minute wait time.
For a list of countries whose documents have one side, two sides, or one or two sides, go here.
- The body parameters should be in type
- The JSON inputs must match the flow configuration order on your MetaMap Dashboard for both documents and biometric requirements or you will not be able to send this request.
- The merits that use the Send User Identifiers API use the following order of precedence in every metamap:
- The first document of the first merit must have a group number starting at
0. Additional documents must be assigned separate incremental group numbers in order of appearance in the metamap.
API errors can be one of three types:
IntegrationError: There's an error in integrating of API, such as the input does not match the Dashboard configuration
ValidationError: Provided data does not pass validation. User should upload another photo or video file.
SystemError: Errors related to the server infrastructure.
201 responses occur after all uploads have completed and one or more data points has failed validation.
The following table lists the error codes
Document field validation failed
Document photo is too blurry
Document photo is cropped
Document photo resolution is too low
Unexpected error in document reading
Document photo has no text
Document photo has no face (for validation steps that require a face)
Document photo is in grayscale
Document photo is a screen shot. User must upload a different photo
Document photo does not match a known document template
Document photo is missing some required fields
Some required fields from the document use an invalid format
Document photo has no Machine-Readable Zone (MRZ, for validation steps that require one)
Document photo has corrupted Machine-Readable Zone
Document photo has no PDF417 barcode (for validation steps that require one)
Document photo has corrupted PDF417 barcode (for validation steps that require one)
Document type claimed by user and document type detected from photo are different
Document country claimed by user and document country detected from document photo are different
Selfie photo is unusable
Video conversion failed
Multiple simultaneous faces are detected in the video
No faces detected in the video