Mati's Government Check verifies that the data your your users submit match official government records. If there is a match, you can be sure that your users are real people and their documents are valid.
- Build a trust experience for Government Checks
- Start verifying users in minutes using our no-code Direct Link
- Integrate our SDK
- Setup webhooks
We extract and match ID document data with government records, including the following:
- Document number
- Date of expiration
- Date of issue
- Face match
You can specify what specific countries and government sources you want us to check against.
We return the document status and flag expired or invalid documents as "Review Needed".
Mati has connections with a variety of official government sources including:
- Electoral institutes
- Population registries
- Tax agencies
- Immigration institutes
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela
If a country you are interested in is not listed, reach out to [email protected].
Check the full list of available government sources for more details.
Generally, for us to perform this check your user will need to upload government-issued identity document as part of our Document Verification product so we can extract document number and full name.
The inputs are required to complete a government check will vary by country and institution. Refer to the list of Compatible documents for each country and database when designing your document verification user inputs.
There are 2 types of Govcheck configurations:
- Document verification
- Document and Biometric verification
There are 3 main steps to set up Government Checks:
- Setup your verification flow on the dashboard
- Integrate or use Mati's Direct Link
- Process verification results
The first step to setting up Government Check is to create a new Verification Flow in the Dashboard. Once you've created a new verification flow, add the Government Check product and Document Verification product to the user flow.
- Log in to the dashboard, and create a Trust Experience
- In your Trust Experience, add the Government Check product you will see a modal prompting you to add Document Verification. Select "I agree to add this product."
- Update the Document Verification product configuration in the right hand panel
a. Select "Add Step 1"
b. Choose the document options you will display to your users
c. Enable additional configurations if required
- Update the Government Check product configuration in the right hand panel. Under "Countries and Checks" enable the country databases you want Mati to check your user data against
- Click "Save" and your flow is ready to use
There are 3 ways you can use Mati's Government Check:
- Direct Link — Send your users a link using Mati's prebuilt UX
- Mati Button — Integrate our Mati Button SDK into your application to use our prebuilt UX
- API — Integrate our API into your application and build your own verification UX
If you are not a developer, or you don't have the resources to integrate at this time, you can start using Mati's Government Check product in minutes without any code with our Direct Link.
To implement this:
- Setup the verification flow for Government Check
- Get the Direct Link
- Send the Direct Link to your users
Use our SDK integration if you want to use Mati's prebuilt trust experience
To implement this:
Setup the verification flow for E-Signature in the dashboard
Install and implement an SDK framework
Use our API Integration if you want to use Mati's verification tools but design your own user experience for your users.
Government checks will result in a "Verified" or "Review Needed" status. Government checks results will never result in a "Rejected" status.
There are two ways you can process verification results for Government Checks:
In the dashboard, under the Verifications tab, the document summary for each verification will show whether or not a user has passed a the Government Check for each government data source.
You will need to configure your webhooks, then handle the webhook responses that will be sent to your webhook URL.
Available to SDKs
Available as API endpoint
DNI Validity Checker
CPF Receita Federal
Updated 8 days ago